There are several reasons for going green or living greener:
- Reduce the use of natural resources so they will be there for future resources
- Reduce household chemicals and contaminants in your home
- Save money by making your own green cleaning products
and lowering water and utility bills
- Invest in green or socially responsible investments
- Reduce waste by buying less and recycling
- Teach your children about sustainability and living greener
Ivy & Brick is an innovative magazine focusing on sustainable living that was created by UGA Grady College journalism students in cooperation with The University of Georgia College of Family and Consumer Sciences Cooperative Extension. The magazine provides information for environmentally conscious readers interested in food, golf, music, tiny houses, etc. Ivy & Brick offers accurate information while promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
Tip of the Week
If your kids are bored this summer and need some indoor activities, the EPA provides a safe website full of environmentally educational games, quizzes, and other cool stuff. Enjoy! http://www.epa.gov/students/games.html.