There are several reasons for going green or living greener:
- Reduce the use of natural resources so they will be there for future resources
- Reduce household chemicals and contaminants in your home
- Save money by making your own green cleaning products
and lowering water and utility bills
- Invest in green or socially responsible investments
- Reduce waste by buying less and recycling
- Teach your children about sustainability and living greener
Ivy & Brick is an innovative magazine focusing on sustainable living that was created by UGA Grady College journalism students in cooperation with The University of Georgia College of Family and Consumer Sciences Cooperative Extension. The magazine provides information for environmentally conscious readers interested in food, golf, music, tiny houses, etc. Ivy & Brick offers accurate information while promoting a sustainable lifestyle.
Tip of the Week
Before you buy a home water filter, find out what’s in your water. If you drink well water, have your water tested by a certified lab. In Georgia (and many other states) you can take a water sample to the County Cooperative Extension office (1-800-ASK-UGA1). If your water comes from a city or town, then contact the water company and request the most recent water test results.